10/20/2012

Mariposa Lily and mother archetype 花精與母親原型


Mariposa Lily (Calochortus leichtlinii)
蝴蝶百合花精

Mariposa LilyPositive qualities:Maternal consciousness, warm, feminine and nurturing; mother-child bonding, healing of the inner chill.Patterns of imbalance:Alienated from mother or from mothering, feelings of childhood abandonment or abuse.
正面特質: 母親意識,溫暖,女性的滋養的,與母親的連結,療癒內在小孩
不平衡模式: 與母親或母性疏離,童年感覺被棄或受虐



display in FES








There are several flower essences to respond the archetypes of female and motherhood. I would like to introduce some I has used for years to help me rebuild the inner female and warmth of motherhood with human mother and the Mother Earth. The most important flower essence is Mariposa Lily. It is the the flower I would like to meet in person mostly, but it is pity I didn't have chance to see them so far. I translated many articles into Chinese about discussion of motherhood and Mariposa Lily. It is not hard to see this flower essence being seen significant natural healing power for child and adult nowadays. This essence reflected my life experience as the author mentioned about birth trauma, feeling of abandon and being alienated from mother. Indeed, from a superficial or materialistic perspective, everything in my family is fine, even too great compared than other family. Therefore, I never have chance to recognize what trauma I had. How could I complain as being-loved daughter of  parents of physician and teacher. I could admit the suffering to myself till I got menstrual disorder five years ago. Mariposa Lily was the first few flower essence Dr. Julia gave to me and I continued using it.



When I became older, the alienation situation became more serious with my mom. We didn't fight or argue, even not talk to each too much. She is teacher in elementary school, caring about my achievement at school a lot. For me, she is the character as a teacher more than a mother. I had no idea what happened to our relationship. All I can do is to study harder, work harder and get great reputation, then my mom may feel happy to show to other relatives. That's what I present my life to my parents as good daughter in a Chinese family. However, flower essence broke my plan, bringing me more suffering to look at the truth. There is trauma in me! There is something happened in my childhood!




When I talked to Dr. Julia. She asked me a question bring me insight. She ask how young my brother is. I am the first and oldest daughter and my younger brother is the first boy. In traditional Chinese society, boy is seen more valuable than girl. Yes! it was already 80's when I was born but the elderly people kept conservation idea about sexism. So my mom took care younger brother and I was sent to my grandmom who lived with us but in different floor. I didn't have many chance to meet my mom actually.  There was one psychology I met in Japan, she invited students to draw memory in childhood. My paining described a baby girl being put in a cradle alone in a empty room. That was my impression when I was a bay. At that time, grandmom was running a store. She was very busy and I was naughty, I also remembered I was beaten almost everyday. Adult said I was a very naughty girl and that was the reason they punished me. I often hidden in a dark attic near grandmom's room where was my secret shelter when adult wanted to punish me. The attic was too small for adult to get in but perfect size for a little girl. But it may the source why I was afraid darkness. I need to use Aspen flower essence (for unknown fear) when I came home late as adult now. Frankly, my experience was not really special for my generation growing up in Taiwan (I guess). Every child had been punished and had chance to live with other relatives if their parents were busy to work. So, how can I complain about it ! How can I have chance to recognize the suffering without disease ?




There was a period I used the combination of Mariposa Lily and Golden Ear Drop (for childhood trauma) together. I realized what happened to me in childhood and recalled many details. I couldn't stop crying all day. To touch suffering caused by mother and grandmother was very painful. They are people who support and nurture me, but also people who bring hurt and  ignoring feeling. I was lucky to practice mindfulness at the same time. One day morning, when eating flower essence, I sat and meditated trying to figure out more details I didn't recall yet. Then I realized something terrible happened in my family when I was two years old. One of my aunt who studied in Vienna past away suddently because of car accident. I was the only child the died aunt meet. It must be a shock for the whole family. The sorrow seed put in my subconsciousness for many years even I was a baby but having sensibility to understand emotions around. When people meet such shock, how could they have energy to take care the baby girl. They were too sad to take care good of her. It was naturally the baby girl to feel being abandon. It was the almost the details I could recall. I practiced deep breathing in and breathing out, and mourned for the lost in my family. They didn't even have chance to work with their suffering deep inside, I was experience the funeral again in me. Mariposa Lily is a good assistant to me to discover the sorrow in my maternal family. Also other essence such as Bleeding heart, Rescue remedy, Yerba sant that helped me a lot to deal with trauma with family members. 


Mariposa Lily is also said to connect with goddess belief, especially to Blessed mother. I may write another article to talk about Chinese goddess " Guanyin(觀音)" and this flower essence. Here is one talking about Black Madonna http://www.flowersociety.org/elly-madona.html






 
photo from FES webpage http://www.flowersociety.org/elly-madona.html



Mariposa Lily (Calochortus leichtlinii)
by Richard of FES


This delicate white lily grows in high, alpine, rocky terrain, and has been called the "Madonna of the Rocks." Its tiny bulb barely anchors the plant in the ground, while its large, expansive flower spreads its petals above. Mariposa (Spanish for "butterfly") Lily is a characteristic example of the cosmic, feminine qualities of Lily Family.

Mariposa Lily brings the Heavenly nurturing forces of the Archetypal Mother to protect the natural innocence of childhood from the harshness of life. The flower essence is especially indicated for child abuse and abandonment, for children with disabilities, for disturbed birthing or premature births, or for other traumas in the early bonding between child and mother. It is also outstanding for many adult therapeutic issues which involve reclaiming original childhood pain or trauma. Thus Mariposa Lily brings the sensitive, receptive qualities of the Calochortus to deal with the traumatic experiences of life that can often close and harden the soul.




Mariposa Lily flower essencehttp://www.anandaapothecary.com/fes-north-american-flower-essences/mariposa-lily-flower-essence.html

The ability of the human soul to show nurturing and caring attention for others depends very much in whether it ahs received such nurturing itself. Each person should b able as a birthright, to receive maternal love and unconditional support as a young infant and child. Many souls are deprived of a positive relationship to the mother. Especially in the modern world, cultural conditions de-humanize the relationship of the mother through birthing and child-rearing practices.


Further deprivation may result from family trauma, divorce, economic hardship, or extreme situations of abuse, abandonment, and neglect. If the soul is crippled in its early relationship to the feminine, it feels cold and empty inside, and at its core, experiences itself as unloved and unwanted. The maturation process into adulthood it usually distorted-for males a rejection of or hostility to the feminine, and for females an alienation form their own mothering instincts.

Mariposa Lily flower essence helps such souls heal this trauma by coming to terms with the painful past. It is an extremely important remedy, not only for infants and children, but also for many phases of adult therapy and positive parenting.

Despite the wounding which may have occurred through an imperfect human mother, the soul can learn to forgive and heal, by experiencing the presence of the divine pr archetypal mother who embraces the entire human family with gentle mercy and nurturing. This ability of the soul to feel and embrace the warm, loving presence of the maternal is the very important gift of the Mariposa 





Botanical information 植物學特徵


Calochortus leichtlinii  Hook. f.

Leichtlin's Mariposa Lily, smokey mariposa
Calochortus leichtlinii, a monocot, is a perennial herb that is native to California and is also found outside of California, but is confined to western North America.Note: TJM2 bloom period: Jun--Aug
Communities:Yellow Pine Forest, Red Fir Forest, Lodgepole Forest, Subalpine Forest
Elevation:between 4000 and 11000 feet
Family:LILIACEAE  
Related:See a list of other species in the genus Calochortus found in California.http://www.calflora.org/cgi-bin/species_query.cgi?where-calrecnum=1288

























































































































Reference & Link
http://www.floweressencemagazine.com/may04/mariposalily.html
http://www.essences.com/vibration/may01/archetypes.html
http://www.essences.com/vibration/feb02/archetypes.html

articles about Mariposa Lily flower essence
http://www.anandaapothecary.com/fes-north-american-flower-essences/mariposa-lily-flower-essence.html
http://www.floweressencemagazine.com/nov03/dreamworkdrawing.html
http://www.flowersociety.org/M-Lily-Adoption.htm
http://www.flowersociety.org/elly-madona.html

http://www.flowersociety.org/calochortus.htm

沒有留言:

張貼留言