11/06/2013

In a spitirual ecology journey



One flower essence practitioner guided me to have such vision about a stone as spiritual map.



When I live in CA for these months, some new friends want to identify Who I Am? Why I am here? What I plan to do? I don't feel as anxious as usual, as heavy requirement as being in Taiwan. I have clear awareness during the year to organize gathering in Taiwan. I know I am working with the nature, for the Mother Earth. I make my commitment to contribute my life for her. It bring me back some grounding, that I am aware more what the message around, particularly from the flower or grass.




A Buddhism practice, mindfulness walking, provided me strong connection to touch the earth. I walked slowly, paying attention to my each step and breathing, simultaneously I sent my love to the land; when I felt unstable, I asked for help from her; when I felt happy, I transited the energy to nourish her. To contact with the Earth became accessible every moment though I live in a big city.
( Try Mindfulness Walk, Guided by my dear master teacher, Thich Nhat Hanh
http://www.dhammatalks.net/Books2/Thich_Nhat_Hanh_A_Guide_to_Walking_Meditation.htm)




There was a workshop I joined this Dec.in 2013 Biorneers conference. I joined a  workshop to  cultivat women leadership. A interaction activity host shared to confirm our goal. We practiced as pair and asked to each other WHY DO YOU DO for five times. An African American lady was my partner. When she said the first time: "Why Do you DO?"
"I am here to learn more about Ecology, for more resource."
"But why do you do?" she asked again.
"Because I need support. I couldn't have support in my country, so I come to here."
"Why do you do?" She asked the third times.
"Because I was supported by flower essence for so many years."
"Why do you do?" She asked the fourth times. I started to hesitate my answer.
"I guess it was the thing I really want to do from heart. I feel worthy and grounding."
"So why do you do?" She ask the last time.
"I promised to the Mother Earth, to work for her, and she support me also."


Did I answer the questions to myself in this workshop?
I couldn't remember such exact moment I made a commitment to the Earth. It could be insight when I practiced mindfulness walking park, or in the moment I worked in some organic gardens when I truly touched the soil; it brought me happiness. I am pretty sure I am happy to make myself dirty in the garden instead of sitting in front of computer to draw architectural drawing as my former profession.




Last weekend, I went to a Ecotherapy gathering. There were people who are therapies loving ecology or nature, which also their tools in their work. Since it was the first week of November, the Death Day in Mexican history. The instructor asked us to do medicine walk; to embrace our questions to communicate with our ancestors. I come from Chinese culture. It is not the season for us to have formal worship to ancestors (We do this usually in spring time called"Chih-Ming Festival 清明節"). I looked at a desert-like hill I never tried to climb to the top before. But tt was the day I had such desire to do. I was walking on the sand, and picking some twigs, dry leaves and stones. When I arrived at the top. I saw some sticks in the center which seemed someone choose to put there. I picked them and arranged them in another direction, trying to figure out what they meant till I realized it was a pathway I made with stones and twigs. It shown a uncertain direction. I sat down to wait for clear message. These stones and twigs appeared as my ancestors' experiences for thousands years of Chinese people, or as the million years of living beings. I was standing there and waiting their guide, then reailzed, there was no such guide. Ancestors didn't plan to do that. These pieces of pathway was their live and experiences. What ancestors expected was I learned and used the experiecnes to create my pathway. When I returned to our gathering location, I passed through a Redwood forest; there was a sign written "Create with nature, Your Pathway." I was appreciated such insight in the woodland. I did always feel be trapped into my tradition and my family's expectation. I am free to communicate with my ancestors under the witness of the Nature.


沒有留言:

張貼留言